Who am I ?

My photo
Los Angeles
I am the director of the only Award winning documentary about YouTube, called Butterflies and feature film about Route 66 called Autumn of Route 66. See my work here: http://tinyurl.com/EsterReel

Oct 1, 2011

New Place To Live WANTED

After the recent events, I will be posting this ad on Craigslist today:

"Hardworking USA immigrant looking for a new country to live at:
I came to the United States of America 14 years ago in search of lots of things, but FREEDOM OF SPEECH wasn't one of them. It wasn't because it was given
You live in America, you have the freedom to express yourself, to speak up, to share your opinions. 

I learned the language, went to school, got a degree, got a job, got an apartment, got a car and in return for my comfortable life, I worked hard, praised the country and...of course paid the taxes. 
I spent money I made here so it went right back into the economy. 

But I don't want to live here, work here, spend my money...or...yes... pay my taxes here anymore. Living in a country, where people get arrested and beat up for expressing their opinions was NEVER an option for me. 
I have choices. I can go anywhere in the world. It might not be better. But it cannnot possibly be worse. 
So, let me dig up my EU Passport and see, which country will take me. 
I will learn your language, I will work hard and praise your culture. I will love your food and your peopleJust let me and others like me live in peace.
Available countries, please send your geographical location and name.  I will be a good citizen.
PAY: In taxes"

Are people of the USA and the media too brainwashed at this point to really see what is happening to their country?
It is very sad that there is so much poverty and violence in the word. It is even sadder when a country that has it all, throws it away. USA don't have to be poor and unfair. But they volunteering themselves :( Goodbye America, it was nice knowing you but you have changed. It's not me, it's YOU.
  
Some links to read/see in case you are only following main stream media and hence, don't know what is going on:

Occupy Wall Street Global Revolution 
Live Feed from NYC
Police Brutality video from last week 
Get Involved 
My Twitter @Filmester

 PS. If USA should get its shit together ASAP,  I would reconsider. After all, it is my home :)

2 comments:

  1. You're always welcome to Sweden... :)
    /Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Ester, maybe it's the "State" you are living in!

    CA is a very violent (and expensive) place and there are much calmer states to take up residence.

    I'd give you some pointers, but I am a bit biased about Massachusetts.

    ( I think we're losing it here, too, but ... )

    I wish you more happiness and peace.

    - Robert -

    ReplyDelete