Who am I ?

My photo
Los Angeles
I am the director of the only Award winning documentary about YouTube, called Butterflies and feature film about Route 66 called Autumn of Route 66. See my work here: http://tinyurl.com/EsterReel

Dec 3, 2010

Everything has a beginning....

I have been meaning to start posting on my blog for a while now, but it seems that there are always
more important things that get in the way. Also, I don't think I have much too important to say so why go on and babble around.
But, I have been getting lots of comments and questions from young filmmakers and other peeps in the indie industry, so I finally decided I will use this to share my experiences, link articles that I consider important and other movie/editing related stuff.
Now, I don't want to be racist, but I would like to clearly state, that this is Avid editor's and Mac lover blog  so it will be strongly catering to those two platforms.
Not that there is anything wrong with FCP. Not that there is anything wrong with PCs. And, I also realized that lots of Mac people are FCP so I would like to point out that I am really not contradicting myself. But, liking one brand doesn't necessary mean I need to stick with everything else that brand makes. Especially when Apple makes everything easier for me during my every day life, and Avid makes everything easier for me during my professional life. 
Yes, I said it. Easier. I don't want to sit around for hours trying to figure out how stuff works. So I choose the easier way out. 
And that's what it is. If you have lots of time to spare, or brain that constantly likes to think and analyze the amazing ways things work, go ahead and use whatever you want. I am a person with no patience and brain that prefers to be creative.  
No thinking here, please.

So, without further delays, here are two things that very much caught my attention this week.
I am sure most of you know that Sundance announced the film's selections for 2011. And yes, lots of filmmakers, especially the first timers, consider this to the place to be and it is their main motivation when finishing a film. However, as nice as it can be to show your film at Sundance, it is not very realistic and here is a blog by director Jon Reiss, that pretty much says what I think. Get over Sundance people and here is why :)

Second article is an amazing interview with Avid editor Andrew Weisblum and his work on Black Swan, new Darren Aronofsky film with Natalie Portman. Read it if you are into editing. Read it if you want to know how to work with your editor. 

Thank you for reading and if you have suggestions on what you would like to read about or if you have any questions for me, you can 
EMAIL me.
Much love,
Filmester






No comments:

Post a Comment