Who am I ?

My photo
Los Angeles
I am the director of the only Award winning documentary about YouTube, called Butterflies and feature film about Route 66 called Autumn of Route 66. See my work here: http://tinyurl.com/EsterReel

Feb 19, 2011

This morning I got myself a special treat

This morning I got myself a special treat. Tea with whole milk and honey. When was the last time you did that? Well, I don't know...but I know when was the last time I did that. When I was a kid. I kid you not. I am sure of that. And the reason I did that was this:
As I was walking into the studio this morning ( I know, looser, working on Saturday),
I heard tiny steps behind me right when I entered the building. And then a small voice calling "Miss!"
I turned around and caught the door just in time not to squash a little girl following me. I looked down and said hello.
The tiny creature looked up at me, stretched out her hand, bowed a little and said in a very firm voice "Hello there, my name is Tina Wonderous, how are you doing today?" Her hand shake was firm, she was starring right in my eyes and I was thinking what is going on. This little girl doesn't look like she is trying to sell me any candy, so why that very professional and stiff manner. Then I noticed a little sign on the door. Anyone arriving for casting, please wait downstairs until we call your name.
I looked at the tiny creature and realized that she must be here trying for a role. That's why the trained voice, that's why the professional manner, that's why...she barely resembled a little girl. I felt like I was meeting with an executive producer of Warner Brothers Studios.  Tiny, voice, tiny body, but very adult person was really standing in front of me.
You know, I was very angry that I had to work this weekend. But what about this little girl? Shouldn't she be having a play day? Shouldn't she have clothes covered with colors from painting something fun, and cheeks dirty from chocolates or something equally sweet and delicious?
No, here she was trying to make the best possible impression on me, because who knows if I could possibly make her famous.
Well, I couldn't. I did have the urge for like a split second to tell her: YOU GOT THE ROLE little girl! It seemed fun. Plus, I would really like to make her that happy. But it would be cruel. I have no idea how old she was. But I am pretty sure her childhood consists of rehearsals, auditions, make-up and diets. Not much of a fun childhood.
So, I went upstairs and made myself the sweet treat. For her. Cause, at least one of us should remain a kid little longer, I thought....

10 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. It's just parents trying to live off there kids coat tails. There kids. Not your future cash cow. Let them by kids. And we complain about child labor. It sure seems that's what there doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Denkar1891 absolutely what I am thinking..child labor...it is not fair...I know that some kids have special talents and they really enjoy this...but most are just regular kids :( so sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this vlog Ester! I totally agree with you...... Let kids be kids..... When you're not a kid anymore, take time out to at least act like one and you'll find some satisfaction in it. I sometimes just turn out the world and act like a child that is delighted by new and excited things..... CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michael thank you for your input Michal. I know right there is plenty of time to work when we grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. Kids should be kids. But the world we live in is filled with entertainment. And when you sit down and see how many children are necessary to facilitate that, well I guess it goes along with adage "someone has to do it" I hope the children that do these movies and shows love what they're doing. That would be my hope for them. Good blog Ester :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tish true! that's what I was thinking...I hope she really enjoys this, I hope that's what she wants

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think children under the age of 16 should be ASSIGNED an independent adult to watch over their business dealings. A trust, where the wages can be put, until they become adults.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to me that her parents are depriving their little girl from her childhood. Just like you said, she needs to be free running around playing and getting into some mischief! Anyway, great blog! Looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Blargal @Blair glad u agree with me guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see we're all in agreement...Nice blog Ester....

    ReplyDelete